Other Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Minds.com is a waste of electrons

Alas, Minds.com is now lost to me.

After making a change to my user profile, I got repeated reminders to 'confirm my email address'.

I did so - multiple times! It got to the point last week where I just clicked on the 'Send confirmation email' link whenever it appeared. Each time the email failed to appear, I wrote to their Info and Security addresses, saying, Please Fix This Problem.

Eventually, after 3 days of no replies, I thought stuff this, and deleted my account. I couldn't make any posts or even comment on anything until the email was confirmed... which I couldn't... and no-one was answering my calls for help. So I decided to cut my losses and trashed it.

The following day, I got an email. No 'Sorry it took so long to reply', not even a 'Hello, Jim!' All it said was 'What is your login ID?' - and that was it.

I replied, 'Nothing. I've deleted my account... You're never going to compete with anyone with support like this.'

After a day or two, I thought, Maybe I can try again, using a different ID. I tried it, using the same email address (the one I use for all my creative-type communications). A red error message said, 'This domain has been blocked as spam'.

I'm done with that lot.

I suppose it's better that it happened now, rather than somewhere down the line when I already had crypto accumulated. 

TL;DR - don't bother with Minds.com. Their support is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment